Step 1: On the PC
Step 2: On the Mac
- In QuickBooks for Windows, open the company file you want to convert.
- Choose File > Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac. Follow the onscreen instructions. QuickBooks creates a Mac .qbb (backup) file.
- Copy the .qbb file to a CD or USB drive or some other media. (Most Macs read and write data to and from PC-formatted media.)
- In QuickBooks for Mac, choose File > Open Company, select the .qbb file, and then click Open.
- Click OK on when asked if you want to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Enter a name for the restored file, and then click Save.
- Depending on the size of your data file, the conversion process can take up to ten minutes. When conversion is complete, QuickBooks opens the file.
If you have any problems converting the file, you may need to Repair the Quickbooks