Quickbooks Desktop files: The file can only have a max of 350,000 targets that can be imported.To find the target count in Quickbooks:
- Open your company file in QuickBooks
- Press F2 on your keyboard. This will open the Product Information screen
- On the left hand side under File Information, the fourth line of the left column is the Target size. This cannot exceed 350,000
What are Sources and Targets?
Source of a Quickbooks transaction
The Source of a Quickbooks transaction is the transaction summary information which includes the source account, name, memo, amount, etc. Each field of the source data occurs only once in the transactions.Targets of a transaction
The Targets of a Quickbooks transaction provides detailed information about the transaction and includes the target accounts, names, memos, amounts, etc. Some characteristics of the Targets are:
- Most Quickbooks Transactions have multiple targets
- Each element of the target data set can appear multiple times in the transaction.
- There are a few transaction types that can have only one target (i.e. Payment, Transfer).
- In some transactions, the source data is copied into the target data:
- In an invoice, the target names are always copied from the source name.
- In an invoice, the target numbers are always copied from the source number.
To reduce target size, you will need to SuperCondense
your data file.