In Quickbooks, when using Attached Documents, an Attach
folder is created and stored in the same location as the QuickBooks .QBW company file. Renaming or moving the company file to a different location will break the connection between the Attached Documents and the Quickbooks company file.
To fix the problem, re-link the Attached Documents by following the instructions below:
- Browse to the location where your company file is stored and open the Attach folder.
- Follow the steps that apply to your situation:
- If there is NO folder with the new company file name, change the name of the folder to match the new name of the company file.
- If there is a folder with the new company file name:
- Open the folder with the OLD company file name.
- Copy and paste the contents of the Inbox folder into the Inbox sub-folder of the folder with the new company file name.
- Copy and paste the contents of the Txn folder into the Txn sub-folder of the folder with the new company name.
- From the QuickBooks Company menu, select Documents > Repair Attached Documents Links.
- Select Repair Links.